Thursday, 31 December 2015

2015 A Year I Will Enjoy Celebrating

2015 has been a hectic but exciting year. I have worked exceptionally hard and reaped the rewards. At 30, I now feel that I possess the confidence and dedication to ensure that all of my dreams become a reality. I think that life experience and surrounding yourself with allot of positive people helps! 

In 2016, I have continued to work hard volunteering with the vulnerable through various volunteering projects. My favourite moment was when my first case with NCDV was successful as I knew how important it was to the applicant, to enable them to make a fresh and safe start. 

I have spent allot of the year studying at the most antisociable hours to enable me to continue juggling the BPTC alongside full-time work and family commitments. There have been times when I have felt like I am sleepwalking and where I have lost track of what day or month it is. Nevertheless, I have made it through with my sanity still intact, thanks to supportive friends and a lot of determination. 

I was proud to have my volunteering accomplishments recognised when I won Volunteer of the Year.  My strong work ethic also lead to me securing paid employment with Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council. This opportunity enabled me to learn interesting new skills while supporting a charity that works hard to promote equality and human rights within the local community and beyond. While I was sad to leave this role it was not long before I was offered a new opportunity as a Paralegal at Tollers Solicitors, working in a friendly but professional environment. My new role is aiding my understanding of civil procedures. I am hoping this will aid me in my civil litigation exam in spring 2016. 

I was also excited to catch up with what I hope are lifelong friends, at my graduation in February 2015. I was ecstatic to attend the Star Wars Premier with one of these friends. I also made new friends and memories during my weekend away at Cumberland Lodge with Inner Temple. 

As the end of 2015 rapidly approached I was proud to see one of my closest friends commence on her training contract at 21 years of age which is a fantastic achievement. Similarly, it was refreshing to hear that one of my BPTC classmates had secured pupillage for 2016.  

2015 has opened so many doors for me. I feel that I have a lot to be proud of and thankful for. I am really excited for 2016. I know the first few months will require dedication while sitting my final bar exams. Nevertheless, I will continue to be motivated with the knowledge that Call Night is near and 2016 is the year that the world becomes my oyster. 

Best of luck to everyone completing their LLB, BPTC or Pupillage. I wish you all a fun, loving, healthy and prosperous new year, full of exciting life opportunities!! 

I look forward to having some more free time in 2016 to continue building on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment