Friday, 26 June 2015

UPDATE ON MY STEM CELL RECIPIENT - 1 YEAR AFTER TRANSPLANT

I wanted to share some positive news with you all today. I was excited this morning to receive a letter from Anthony Nolan, providing me with an update on the recipient of my stem cells. (I can not believe that it was nearly a year ago that I donated my stem cells to an anonymous recipient, with the support of Anthony Nolan.) I am pleased to confirm that I have been informed that he is still alive and fighting, thanks to Anthony Nolan finding me as his match. While it does not appear that he is back to perfect health, it is still amazing to think that courtesy to modern technology and amazing charities like Anthony Nolan, this individual has at least a chance of returning to good health or extra time to make special memories with loved ones. (Anyone who has lost a loved one to any form of cancer knows how invaluable 'hope' can be.)

To all my fellow bloggers lucky enough to be healthy and under 30, please sign up as a donor with Anthony Nolan and give someone a second chance. It is quick and easy to register here

If you are over 30, you can sign up to the British Bone Marrow Registry here, as they accept donors aged 18-49.

Make 2015 the year that you became a superhero and join the register to give someone a chance of life. You never know, one day it could be one of your friends or family members in need of a strangers help!

There is another post on this blog titled 'Donating Stem Cells and Fundraising for Anthony Nolan', which discusses my experience of donating stem cells, to reassure you all how simple it is to save a stranger's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment